I have a fascination with quick breads- no proof time, no crazy amount of kneading, versatile and delicious.
Think of this more in terms of zucchini bread and not like your traditional white loaf.
Made from almond flour, it is low carb, but high in good fats with the addition of coconut oil.
(This recipe makes a 9 inch loaf)
2 1/4 cup Almond flour (I used blanched)
1 tbsp Baking powder
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Coconut oil (melted, not solid)
1/2 cup Lukewarm water
1. Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit
2. Prepare your loaf pan by covering the sides with parchment paper
3. Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside
4. Beat the eggs well
5. Add coconut oil to the eggs and mix well until combined
6. Add the 3/4th of the mixed dry ingredients to this and mix well
7. Add the water and remaining dry mix
8. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan
9. Bake at 350 F for one hour
10. The bread is done when the crust is hard and a toothpick inserted (slanted) into the centre comes out clean
Store in fridge wrapped in parchment paper.
You can have it just by itself or with scrambled egg or as toast or buttered.
They have a nice almond biscotti flavor to it, but a bit eggy at the same time, so it pairs well with almost anything. Enjoy!