Fluffy and light just like a pancake and peppery enough for a bit of a fire..
Move over bread upma.. this is what you could do when you have leftover bread
Fluffy and light just like a pancake and peppery enough for a bit of a fire.. Move over bread upma.. this is what you could do when you have leftover bread
4 Bread Slice
200 Millilitres Milk
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Coarsely Powder the bread and keep aside
- Beat the eggs till lightly frothy
- Add the Milk, Baking Powder, salt and pepper to the egg and whisk till combined
- Immediately add the powdered bread and mix and leave it on the counter for a minute to evenly moisten it
- Heat a tawa and pour a small amount of the batter on to the tawa (just as much as you would take for american pancakes)
- When the edges of the pancake begin to dry, flip the pancake to the other side. Take care not to pat the pancake down, since that wouldn’t let it become fluffy.
- Take it off the tawa in less than half a minute.
- Bread Pancakes are ready. Serve Warm with a light Mayo or mustard dip
2 thoughts on “Bread pancakes”
Thanks Sid 🙂