1 large onion
1 large tomato
3 long dried red chilli
A pinch of jeera/cumin
2 tbsp Grated coconut
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp chopped ginger
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add the jeera and the dry red chillies.
3. Once these splutter, add the grated coconut and saute till brown.
Add salt to taste.
4. Add in the chopped onions and saute till translucent.
5. Now add in the diced tomatoes and cook till they turn to mush.
6. Mix in th chopped ginger and let it cook for few minutes.
Turn off the heat and let it stand to cool down.
Once cooled, grind to a smooth paste in a mixer.
Serve with hot idlis, dosa, uthappam.