4 cups Cooked rice (add 1/2 tbsp sesame oil while cooking the rice)
3 tbsp Vegetable oil
2 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Fish sauce
3/4 cup Onion (chopped small)
1/2 cup Green beans (sliced small)
3/4 cup Carrot (shredded/grated)
1 stick Celery (chopped with leaves)
4 Green onions (sliced small)
2 tsp Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1. Cook the rice per instructions on the package. Add 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil while doing so. The rice should not be overcooked and should look something like this.
Set aside to cool
2. Crack the 3 eggs into a bowl. Whisk well with 1 tbsp of soy sauce and set aside
3. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a deep pan or wok till almost smoking.
4. Pour the egg into this and let set for a second before starting to scramble it.
5. Scramble into small bite sizes and remove from heat into a bowl
6. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and add the chopped onions. Fry until golden brown
7. Add the green beans and carrots to this and stir fry for 5 minutes
8. Add the chopped celery and cook for another minute
9. Mix in the chopped green onions and cook for another minute
10. Reduce the heat to minimum. Combine the vegetables, cooked rice and egg in the pan.
11. Bring the heat back up and add the soy sauce, fish sauce and black pepper and stir fry for a minute
12. Taste for salt and add as necessary