A spicy crab preparation which works really good with medium or small crabs.
1 tablespoon coriander powder
to taste salt
7 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon black pepper powdered
2.5 tablespoons tamarind water
1/2 kg crab
3 cups water
- Dice the onions and cut the tomato into long thin strips (medium size onion and tomato)
- crush the garlic and black pepper
- Heat the Oil, splutter the mustard and curry leaves. Add a pinch of turmeric
- to this add the coriander powder
- Add the onions and sautee till pink
- Now add the crushed garlic and pepper and salt and tamarind water
- Add the tomatoes and sautee till the mix resembles a mush paste
- To this add 1 cup of water and wait till it boils.
- Add the cleaned crab and pour 2 more cups of water.
- Boil till the water is reduced to half and turn off. Leave to absorb for 10 minutes
- Serve hot with rice