For anyone who likes chocolate, this is the perfect drink for uplifting your spirits on a gloomy day!
Rich, thick indulgent hot chocolate- none of the thin watery stuff that happens when you use a hot chocolate mix..
You could use milk, coconut milk or almond milk and they all just taste great!
Let’s get started, shall we?
Cuisine: European/ American
Course: Anytime of the day! Seriously!!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1.5 cups- Milk/ Coconut milk/ Almond milk
50 gram- 30% dark chocolate / Milk chocolate
1 tbsp- Cocoa powder
1 tbsp- Cornflour/ corn starch
- Chop the chocolate or grate into fine pieces and set aside
- Warm half cup of milk in a microwave or a pan
- Combine this with the cocoa powder and cornflour ensuring that no lumps form
- Heat the one cup of milk in a pan and keep stirring so that it doesn’t boil over
- Add in the chopped/grated chocolate and let it melt completely and combine
- Add in the remaining combined half cup of milk to this and keep stirring for another minute.
This will now start to thicken
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for a minute
Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- Use milk chocolate or dark chocolate based on your preference. The darker the chocolate, the richer it feels , but also bitter. If this is not to your taste, add in sugar while adding the cocoa-cornflour-milk mix to the mix.
One thought on “Hot chocolate”
LikeLiked by 1 person