A simple teriyaki recipe which you can make ahead for dinners. It is very much an American Chinese recipe and involves very few ingredients.
1/2 kilo gram Chicken pieces (with or without skin)
1/4 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup Muscovado sugar/light brown sugar
2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste (or equal amounts of finely chopped ginger and garlic)
1 Celery stick- chopped
1 tbsp Red chilli flakes
1/4 cup Water
1 tbsp Cooking oil
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Add the Chicken pieces to this and saute for couple of minutes
3. Now add in the ginger garlic paste and cook for 5 minutes
4. Pour the soy sauce over the chicken and mix thoroughly
5. Once the sauce starts bubbling, add the sugar and combine well
6. Add the celery and chilli flakes at this time along with water and let the chicken cook
7. Check the chicken for doneness and turn off the heat once the sauce is thickened.
Serve hot with fried rice/white rice/Lo mein.
To make teriyaki sauce and store omit the chicken and celery from this recipe.m