A three ingredient basic ice cream recipe without the use of an ice cream maker. Which also means that you don’t have to do the additional step of making a custard for the ice cream maker first.
Heavy whipping cream, condensed milk and whatever flavoring you want to use- that’s all there is to this recipe.
450 ml Heavy whipping cream
350 gm Condensed milk
6 tbsp Vanilla extract
For chocolate ice cream-
100 gm Dark chocolate
4 tbsp Cocoa powder (optional)
1. In a bowl whisk the heavy whipping cream to almost firm peaks
Tip: chill the bowl and the whisk or whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes
2a. For vanilla ice cream
- Combine the vanilla extract and condensed milk really well
- Mix in with the whisked cream slowly to combine
2b. For chocolate ice cream
- Melt the chocolate and combine with the cocoa powder throughly
- Combine the chocolate and cocoa mix with the condensed milk
- Let this cool
- Now mix in with the whisked cream slowly to combine well
3. Pour into a freezer safe bowl/vessel, cover and freeze for 4-6 hours
4. Remove from freezer and let sit for few minutes before serving.