Soft and absolutely mouth watering delicious. Being a person who just cannot stand oats, this one was a revelation to me. Not a hint of oats!! Just yummy awesomeness
Being a person who just cannot stand oats, this one was a revelation to me. Not a hint of oats!! Just yummy awesomeness
- Dry grind the oats to a fine powder along with the jeera powder and salt
- to this add the curd, half the quantity at a time. Mix well and leave for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes add the water, half at a time and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Mix the chopped onions, coriander and chillies and set aside
- Heat the tawa and oil it lightly. Pour 1 cup batter and put the onions mix on top and flatten the batter with your palm.
- Keep on high flame for a minute so that it browns a bit. Close the tawa for another minute and cook on high flame. Flip on the other side till it browns to the desired level.
- This recipe makes 3 uthappams of 6 inch diameter. Enjoy!!