The all time fave coffee liquer made at home!
The all time fave coffee liquer homemade without having to spend a fortune
- Boil the water and add in the sugar in parts all the while stirring.
- Once all the sugar is dissolved add the coffee powder and stir
- Remove from heat and let it cool
- Once the mixture is cool, strain through a sieve to remove any coffee dregs
- Now stir in the vodka and vanilla essence
- Bottle and let it age for 30 days for the best taste
- This can be stored at room temperature for upto 2 months
- Enjoy your own Kahlua at home, maybe in a B52? 🙂
Featured in the picture is Kahlua with Baileys (both homemade), and hence I am one step short of a B52. The other one is a Black Russian, Kahlua with vodka!
If you are a fan of shooters these are 2 drinks which you could make easily at home and stock up on. And then impress everyone with your sophisticated bar menu at a party!!
The color of the liquer will depend on the color of the coffee powder. The stronger the coffee powder, the better for this recipe.