Recently, there has been a trend of souffle omelettes with cheese that’s been catching on. They look absolutely intriguing.
Soft, foamy, puffed up, creamy looking omelettes that I just had to try my hands at.
This wasn’t planned, I didn’t have cheese at home, so I just skipped over that part.
2 Eggs, white and yellow separated
Salt to taste
Ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup Shredded cheddar
1/4 cup finely chopped chives
1 tbsp Basil leaves (dry/finely chopped)
1. Beat the egg white till they form stiff peaks.
2. Take a tablespoon of the beaten egg white and add to the yolks. Whisk together until creamy.
3. Add the salt and pepper to the yolk mixture along with the chives and basil and mix
4. Fold in the yolk mixture slowly to the egg whites so as to not deflate the air in it.
The best way to fold is to gently go around the bowl and then from bottom to top till combined.
5. Heat a pan with a drizzle of oil in it.
6. Slowly add the omelette mixture to the pan
7. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes
8. Add the shredded cheese on top and cover and cook on medium low heat for 2 minutes
9. When you lift off the edge off the omelette it should have a nice brown color to it
10. Remove to a plate and fold in half.
(Depending on the size of your omelette, you might need to score through the center so that it’s gives in to the fold)
Garnish with herbs if you would like and serve.