1/2 pound Mussels (cleaned)
2 Onions (sliced long and thin)
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tbsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Cumin (jeera) powder
1 tbsp Garam masala powder
4 tbsp Vegetable oil
1. In a pan, heat the oil and add all the masala powders and cook
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and onions to this and cook until the onions are golden brown for about 20 minutes
3. Remove three quarters of the roasted onions and set aside.
4. Add the cleaned mussels to the pan (with quarter of the roast onions still there) and cover and cook for 10 minutes)
5. Turn off the heat and add back the reserved roasted onions and mix well
Serve with rice, puttu, porotta or chappatis..
Note: Mussels are generally quite salty in themselves and I did not have to add any additional salt. Taste at the very end and add salt only if needed.